Wednesday, December 3, 2014




Preface: Wanting to write for SNL or some paid sketch comedy gig, every week I'll post 5-10 sketch ideas to keep the mind going.  Think of these as pitches.  By next week I'll hopefully have completely written one or two. The ideas range from G-rating to R and may not be suitable for SNL audiences but still... this is practice in being productive/proficient. 

Back from hiatus! Sketches this week:

1: Pre Sexual Harassment Crime Stopping. (could end up being a bunch of nut-crunchings)

2: Darren Wilson's thank you letter to Satan

3: Tony Blair's Christmas Card-
 

  • The photographer trying to get the couple to smile (can't we just do the picture we wanted to?) 
  • Blair's actually wearing Suit-short pants and bunny slippers
4: Black Stormtrooper
  • Is this going to be like the whole black president thing?
5: Facebook's new privacy settings / terms of use
  • Guy in his apartment, people continuously come in and take stuff, gets a call from his mom- did you agree to the new terms of service? they're taking me away boy! Alien shows up for rectal probing, but at least I can use facebook.
6: Another episode of What’s in your food?
  • And here we have a good ol' American hamburger. what's in your food?
  • meat?
  • ooohhhh. Sorry. Not meat or something horrible and disgusting would have been acceptable
Host: James Franco

Sketches for the host!  (see also my last post on who should be a host. #7)
  • 127 Hours parody. It's been done and so should it be done again.
    • People asking logistical questions about it to James Franco (as if he actually went through the process)
  • Monologue: As many of you already know, I write poetry books now. Hey, didn't you just direct a movie? Oh that's right I also direct movies..  Is there anything you can't do?  There are lots of things I can't do. Can you heal this hideous boil on my neck? I do in fact have that power. Yes. Can you help me with this complex algebraic equation I've been toting around on this oversized chalkboard? Haven't you heard of the internet? ...no. Oh. Well then, the answer is...
  • The making of Stoner Movie: the stoner movie that never got finished (in the vein of Alejandro Jodorowsky's Dune)

  • Some weird, wild, and wonderful transvestite sketch


0 comments:

Post a Comment