Wanting to write for SNL or some paying sketch comedy TV gig… it’s important to keep up with the activity. There isn’t a much better way than practicing to a standard, in this case I'll be using SNL's. As mentioned in my writing goals list, SNL asks its writers to pitch sketch ideas on Monday and have fleshed out sketches early Wednesday morning. So… every week I will try to pitch aboot 5-10 sketch ideas. See what people think about them and choose 1-3 to write (everything depending on time).
Pitches for this week!
- Something to do with the Pope
- Pope removal services
- Someone trying to talk the Pope out of quitting
- But you have the power to do this…
- Have you done this yet? You might want to get that in.
- Get the phrase “Pope-u-lar” somewhere
- Misanthropic cat
- A sketch titled Erectile Differences
- A sketch based around these phrases:
- “cream matter”
- “bonus juice”
- “pizza twirler”
- A sketch of a made up creature called a “Joblin”
- Something revolving around the term “Non-fictionary”
- A “Do you know what this person is really thinking?” game
- Bully Town
- Documenting the degeneration of a person that has just lost their cell phone
- A woman with girlfriends trying to pick up pool men/boys
- Possibly include the phrase, “want to take a ride in my wanna-bang-o?”
Please give me feedback as to which sketch idea you'd like to see progress!
Also! The rest of this blog is still being filled in / worked on. Feel free to lookabout but don't judge too harshly.