Wednesday, October 22, 2014

 

Preface: Wanting to write for SNL or some paid sketch comedy gig, every week I'll post 5-10 sketch ideas to keep the mind going.  Think of these as pitches.  By next week I'll hopefully have completely written one or two. The ideas range from G-rating to R and may not be suitable for SNL audiences but still... this is practice in being productive/proficient. 

  • Uncosmo Magazine- Interview with the editor deciding this year's ten unhottest fools.
  • Scheduling- Administrative assistant asked to create dozens of meetings for one room, or person giving life story to admin who would be more than happy to just pencil the meeting in.
  • Fantastic Shoes- Father giving son "the fantastic shoes." No dad, they look, no. Just put them on son. Those are some fantastic shoes (magical dance shoes).
  • Interview with Obama- Just what are these qualifications of this Ebola Czar? How many Czars do we even have these days?
  • The Really Super Early Show- Bloodshot hosts, discussing why anyone would want to be up at this godforsaken hour.
  • Garbage Teller- Garbage can tell a lot about you.  Let's find out what we can learn from the garbage at our producer's family house.
  • The Reason or Excuse Game Show- where contestants have to figure out if something's a reason or an excuse.  “I keep click this goddamn button and nothing is happening” “um, yeah I couldn’t figure it out.”  I’m sorry I’m running late my kid vomited all over my dog and I slipped in it and part of it got in my mouth It was all over the place, it was disgusting.” “there was this thing”  “Traffic” "I shot my boyfriend" "oh, I thought you were going to do it"

Sketches for the Host: Chris Rock
  • Monologue. Listing all the things that can happen in 18 years. (hasn't been on SNL in 18 years). Why not try to get all of the past SNL black people onstage? (how likely would that happen?) / joke. 
  • Game Show: What do black people like? Three white people must get 3 answers correct in order to get their stolen car back.  You've won! Oh my god, I didn't think you could do it. You whiteys are on a roll, you guy's are hot! Why not try for our bonus round where you can actually win some cash. Ready for the question? Ok, "What do you think the condition of your car is going to be in when we give it back to you?"
  • Obama's distant cousin visits the White House

  • Sweet Together- Something akin to the Jan Hooks Phil Hartman sketch they pulled or something like Steve Martin and Gilda Radner's sketch way back when where they're at a bar looking at each other and enter an imaginative atmosphere where they dance together both professionally and for fun.  A portrayal of earnestness rarely seen on TV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment