Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Photo by Ferval
Preface: Wanting to write for SNL or any paid comedy show, every week I'll post 5-10 sketch ideas (ranging in rating) sort of as pitches, choosing 1 or 2 to write during the week for practice.
  • Something to do with these phrasings: bachelor chow… marriage food… parent mess
  • Sick man in the office has a vomit bucket.  "Hopes" nobody else gets sick.  Smudges door handles. I’ve got sick days but I think I’m getting better.
  • Playground scene, two adults talking about what kid they would choose to be their kid instead of their own.
  • Man is staring at a bottle of water. Water is the future gold. Why not enjoy the wealth now?
  • Moments in history: Facebook /social media down for a day
  • Sausage Removal, Inc. - offers high quality sausage removal services. (a female company)
  • Michelle Obama BRINGS the girls back home
I try to come up with 2-3 sketches for the coming host of SNL but as the season's closed... I'll choose someone I'd like to host the show:

Adam Scott
  • Game or talk show (Adam Scott as the Host) What TV shows have I been on?
    • Parks n Recreation. yes.
    • Parks n recreation. still good.
    • Parks n recreation.  yes I've been on a number of seasons on Parks and Rec.
    • Okay okay multiple choice questions instead.  Boy Meets World. Magnum PI. or ALIAS.
      • None of the above?
      • Good answer but no, I was in Boy Meets World.
        • Really?
  • Leader of the League of Evil. (board meeting)
    • Our last batch of ideas were good. I need bad ideas people. Evil ideas. Cartoonishly evil ideas.
    • one person in the meeting is way too dark
    • one person is more interested in bondage
    • one person's ideas are simplistic (stick an old lady's cat in a tree)
    • Leader pulls out chart of where most of the ideas are falling- not even evil, super unkind, and "these ideas are so horrible adn disgusting and frankly we just don't do that kind of thing"
    • (good place for Amy Poehler cameo)
  • Some sort of Jekyll and Hyde sketch. like he's the boss or a coworker.  he's really cool or really intense.  The other coworkers love to switch him from one to the other. The trigger: some cute bobblehead.  or trigger word (pizza or... calzones?).  
While working on these I found out change.org is petitioning for him to be on SNL...interesting

If ye have people you would like to see on on SNL, please share and I'll try to come up with ideas of sketches focusing on that person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment