Wednesday, November 13, 2013

photo by chelle
Preface: Wanting to write for SNL or some paid sketch comedy gig, every week I'll post 5-10 sketch ideas to keep the mind going.  Think of these as pitches.  By next week I'll hopefully have completely written one or two. Some of the ideas will range from G-rating to R and may not be suitable for an SNL audience but still... this is practice in being productive/proficient.

Possible Sketches:
  • Political Game Show: Politicians- What I meant to say was.
  • Tricking an alarm
    • just like the concept of having people trying to trick an alarm, probably some computer interface.  
      • cajole the alarm into a game of things.  
      • well I dunno...
      • c'mon you're a computer, all that artificial intelligence
      • I guess I am kinda smarter than the sum of 99.9999% of all sentience... ok.
        • (a bit campy, needs work, true)
  • Oldentime: paying tribute to god.  
    • what seriously you brought that? all I brought was a basket of weasels
      • those are my weasels
    • I didn't say they were mine
      • you don't think god's going to notice you stole a basket of weasels?
    • I brought an entourage including several backup dancers. 
      • oh.
  • Game show: "Make up a Good excuse game show"
  • Game show: "I would rather"  
    • eventually gets to explicit language
  • Narrating couples likes and dislikes of each other through their relationship. 
    • Things were going well until he found out A. 
    • She found out X and I thought it was over, you know what I mean man. Most people don't like that kinda thing. 
    • They decided to quit talking for a while but each found someone that was like Q and R. 
    • Then T happened and then they married and found out Z 10 years later but were both like, "well, we've been married this long"
  • Clinical Studies (Dr. Cold Case Files)- Two cool, hip doctors tackle all the difficult cold/lukewarm case files.
    •  Tons of scientific studying mixed with making out
    • Where most of the patients probably are or end up dead
    • So what you’re saying is, she really had the highly contagious flesh eaty virus?
      • yes
      • oh my god.
    • Turns out that patient only had pop can up his butthole. Who knew?
  • Red Cross: Filipino sketch- really just give us money to move to America
Lady Gaga sketches (SNL host this week)
  • La Gaga Goo
    • Lady Gaga opens a paraphilic infantilism shop
    • would star Bobby Moynhian, Cecily Strong, and Aidy Bryant with the fetish, Beck Bennet, Cate Mckinnon and Taran Killam 
      • um, you know, she's into it so I just kinda go along
      • there's nothing greater than expressing true, pure, nascent energy
  • Perform for the victims of super typhoon, showering them with art instead of food
  • Creating a fame monster.
    • bunch of demons or angels or monsters gathering and throwing things into a satin covered cauldron
      • add some more eyeballs!
        • would you shut up about the eyeballs
      • the tongue from somebody named "Alejandro"
      • shade of midnight's oil
      • a unicorn's tear
        • bring out the unicorn
        • I'm not a unicorn I'm a human being
        • likely story
        • yeah, we've been tricked before. now start crying
        • I wanna go home
      • an obscene picture of a cow
    •  from which their beautiful, beautiful creation will come out 
      • much awe
      • possibly destroys them 
        • end with lasers
      • or controls them
        • end in dance and love 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View last week's sketch ideas 


Small note: my blog is still in the works, some sections aren't up / still being developed.

Also, If ye just happen to be from SNL or some other paying entertainment entity and want to hire me or the like, please e-mail me, Jon Desjardins, at  itsjtd @ gmail.com (no spaces)

0 comments:

Post a Comment